Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: A Music Video, sounds easy but, I'm lost with it.

  1. #1
    kchukalas
    Guest kchukalas's Avatar

    Post

    Hello everyone!

    You guys are such great help all the time... I'm really lost on beginning my music video project. I have everything but a plan on how I'm going to do this!

    I've never spliced yet and almost want to avoid it and go another route, like, recording my 8mm to video or another format and editing elsewhere. The computer would be nice to use, but I'm running on a 300 megahertz, so it's slow for it, (I think).

    Ok, my question is.... Does anyone have any suggestions on alternative ways of editing? I guess another problem will be timing of the music... but... I'm sure there has to be a way of doing this cheaply (for now).

    Hopefully there is an answer to my "alternative" music video :-)

    Kirk

    p.s. today was the first day I ever layed my hands on a projector... see i'm so new to this:-)

    thanks for all your help!

    ------------------

  2. #2
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    I suggest you edit on a computer.
    300 MHz isnt that slow, for a music video that is what? 5 minutes long.
    Ive edited a heavily cut feature length 60 minute film on a 400 MHz PC.
    It did have about 125 Meg Ram which helped a lot. Perhaps you could buy more memory?

    Since its a music video timing is everything. There is no way you can seriously do that unless you do it on a computer - unless the film is quite abstract.

    good luck

    ------------------

  3. #3
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    i've edited music videos on 68k macs and p90 pc's, so i think you'll be fine. ;-)

    /matt

  4. #4
    Basstruc
    Guest Basstruc's Avatar

    Post

    in-line or off-line ?
    matt

    ------------------

  5. #5
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    both. hardware accelerated video editing really doesn't require much from the computer. a dc30 on a p90 and premiere is perfectly fine for a low budget on-line, as is a 68k based avid. i wouldn't do software based editing, like in most dv systems, on those though... ;-)

    /matt

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •